A few years ago a friend of ours was driving home and as he approached an intersection, was broadsided by another driver who failed to notice a stop sign. The impact spun his car around a full 360 degrees. In an unbelievably lucky turn of events, a police officer traveling on the same road witnessed the entire accident and before the car had even stopped spinning, the officer had his lights on, and had radioed for an ambulance and backup. Immediately he was at the driver’s side door with clipboard in hand ready to get all of the information required for the formal police report.
To be sure, having an on-duty police officer witness and be at the scene of a crash within seconds is unlikely. Usually after a crash, there is a period of time (hopefully brief) that the parties involved must wait for emergency responders. We hope you or someone you care about are never in a car accident, but if you are, we offer a free Accident Survival Kit to help you.
Free Accident Survival Kit At our office we’re aware that being in an accident is nerve-wracking and frustrating. For this reason we introduce a new Free Accident Survival Kit available for you to pick up at our office. This kit contains the very most important things you will need in the first few minutes after an accident including a disposable camera so you can take pictures of the scene.
The kit contains:
- A document holder designed to keep your personal insurance papers secure in your glove box.
- An driver information card that identifies you and also specifies contact information of those you want to be notified in the event of an emergency.
- An “other guy’s” information card that allows you to gather the other drivers and witnesses pertinent information.
- A list of 5 things to do after an accident.
- A disposable camera so that you can take photos of the crash scene, the vehicles involved, the weather conditions, and any other documentation of the accident.
- A ballpoint pen so you don’t have to look for one.
- A business card from our office so you can call our office at no charge if you have questions.
The purpose of this kit is to be a resource for you and your family in the event of an automobile accident. It is free and available for each of your vehicles. We have them in our cars, too.
If you have new teenage drivers, this is an especially crucial time to teach them what to do if they’re involved in an accident. Show them where this Accident Survival Kit is located and practice what to do should they need to use it.
Get one for each vehicle you own and teach the other drivers in your family where it is and what’s inside. We hope you never have to use it, but if you do, it is meant to help you or someone you know in the event of an accident.
The Accident Survival Kit is free. Just come to our office to pick one up. We are located at:
McMullin Injury Law
1240 E. 100 So. ,Suite 6
St. George, Utah 84790
Or call us at:
At McMullin Injury Law we are In Your Community and…On Your Side.