How do I keep track of all my bills?
Answer from a St. George Attorney:
It is very important to keep track of all of your medical bills after your injury from your St. George, Utah car accident. Here is how to keep accurate records of your bills:
- Ask for a bill from each visit to a doctor or any medical treatment.
Keep a record of all of your bills from all of your medical visits, including doctors, hospitals, physical therapists, chiropractors, or any other medical facility.
- Keep all prescription bills and receipts.
Save copies of any charges from the pharmacy for any medicine that you buy due to your injury.
- Keep a chart or spreadsheet with all of your expenses related to the injury, and make sure to keep track of dates as well.
Make a separate record with the dates of each medical treatment or prescription, as well as the costs, including how the expense was paid (by you or by insurance). This is very important because it allows you to have a detailed record of your injury expenses all in one place. This will make it easier for your attorney to help you.
- Get a copy of each medical bill, pharmacy bill, or other bill related to your St. George injury to your attorney.
It is crucial that your attorney has copies of all medical bills, as well as your medical bill chart or summary when your case is ready to be resolved. Whether or not your lawyer receives copies of bills from your medical facilities, it is very important to double-check that he has all records so that you can receive the maximum value for your injuries during your settlement. If your attorney is missing any bills or records, your case may settle for much less than it is worth.
- Maintain records of medical bills, even if your health insurance carrier pays them.
If your health insurance carrier pays or processes some of your medical bills, you must still keep records of all of the expenses paid, regardless of the payer. Keep copies of the bills, and keep track of your expense chart or summary. Also, provide copies of these to your St. George attorney.
WE’RE HERE TO HELP
Get your free consultation today!