- Call 911—request that police come to the scene even if the accident was minor. If there are known injuries, also request an ambulance.
- Record in writing the name, address, phone number, and automobile insurance company of each driver involved.
- Ask for witnesses and get their contact information.
- State only the facts when discussing the accident with the police. Do not sign any documents unless requested by the police.
- Hazard lights—turn them on (if possible) to alert other drivers.
We urge you to share these five steps to handling a traffic accident with your family and friends so that you and they will know what to do in the event of a traffic accident. If you or someone you care about has been in an accident, call our office at (435) 673-9990 as soon as possible. We have handled hundreds of personal injury cases across Utah and Nevada including St. George, Cedar City, and Mesquite, Nevada. We will meet with you personally to discuss your case and answer your questions. There is no charge for this consultation. In fact, because we work on a contingency basis, we do not get paid unless we resolve your claim. At McMullin Injury Law, we are…In Your Community and On Your Side.
WE’RE HERE TO HELP
Get your free consultation today!